At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small..
Working from his/her home, the Part-time Speech Language Pathologist will provide virtual speech therapy to K-12 students who are enrolled in Connections Academy virtual public schools. The SLP will connect with students using webcams and web conferencing software, while using the company's online Education Management System to manage his/her caseload.
- Provide high quality speech language services to assigned students while supporting program implementation.
- Planning and implementing individual and group therapy in a virtual environment;
- Be an expert on assigned school and state specific policies and procedures for implementing LiveSpeech services;
- Maintain a positive working relationship between the LiveSpeech team, and the schools and programs he/she is serving;
- Review and analyze a variety of reports to maintain compliance;
- Maintain a high level of communication with the leadership team and school staff;
- Timely and complete documentation of therapeutic interventions;
- Conduct screenings and formal and informal evaluation of all students’ communication needs;
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with speech/language needs as well as school special education staff to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with speech/language needs and potential learning issues;
- Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process for select students;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the company’s Education Management System and special education software; including updating secondary IEP systems as directed;
- Adhere to all laws and company policies regarding data protection and security
- Obtain and maintain all required licenses and clearances as assigned;
- Complete all required professional development, training, and courses required for CEUs to maintain credentials and meet company compliance standards;
- Exemplify the company’s core values (brave, decent, imaginative, accountable, curious, customer-centric, and collaborative); and
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
Pearson is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide our employees with the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to- privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided by the company for part-time SLPs:
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- 2nd monitor
- Mouse (required)
- Keyboard (required)
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology and ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Valid Utah and/or Department of Education Licensure in Speech Pathology as required
- Must be available to work at least 20 hours per week.
- 2+ years experience in K-12 school setting
- Strong technology skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
To apply, please go to: Part Time Application
For any questions, contact Haley Romero at email@example.com.