CEUs (Continue Education Units)/Certification Maintenance

How many?

State Licensure 20 hours in 2 years
Any professional development learning activity
ASHA Certification maintenance 30 hours in 3 years
Any professional development learning activity
ASHA ACE ­ Award for Continuing Education 70 hours in 3 years
Must be an ASHA approved activity


How many CEUs are required to keep my CCC current?

Thirty hours or 3.0 CEUs in a 36-month cycle. Your start date for this requirement depends on the year you initially earned your CCC. For more information, visit the ASHA certification page.

NOTE: *You cannot start accumulating hours toward this requirement until the year you are scheduled to initiate your professional development hours.

Do the Professional Development hours have to be ASHA CE Activities?

No. Professional development is any activity that relates to the science and contemporary practice in Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology and Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences. Hours can be accumulated from employer-sponsored inservices or other continuing education activities that contribute to professional development, as well as activities by ASHA continuing education providers for CEU’s. For further information, please refer to ASHA’s Definition of Professional Development and Acceptable Activities.

How do I document my hours?

You will submit one form, Maintenance of the Certificate of Clinical Competence, every three years. This will be sent to you at the beginning of your 3-year period of renewal. You can list your activities on this. Your signature on this form provides the assurance that you have met the requirements. Only those certificate holders who are selected for the review audit will be required to also submit supporting documents such as copies of certificates of attendance. (Just like our state licensure). Forms can be found on the ASHA website.

For further questions regarding ASHA certification requirements, please click here.

Do I need a temporary license to do my CFY?

Our state does not have a temporary license, so your CF is completed under the license of your supervisor. Once you have completed CF requirements then you can apply for licensure. This will limit your ability to see Medicaid patients in Utah, as you must have a license in order to do so.

Once you complete the CF process, your supervisor can help you get started with the licensure process. It can also be found on their website http://www.dopl.utah.gov/

Conference Registration

Where do I find conference registration?  After you log on to the website, go the user dashboard. You will find Conference Registration on the menu at the left. If you are not a member of USHA but want to attend the conference, you will need to join USHA at the free “Friend of USHA” level. That will allow you to access the user dashboard.

Third Party Registration

If you need to pay for multiple people to attend the annual conference, go to USHA Conference on the main page. Under the drop down box you will see Vendor Table/Bulk Registration FAQ. Click on that and you will find directions for multiple registrations, plus a video showing how to do it.

 If you have questions, contact our membership chair at Cheryl.winfree@nebo.edu.

Advertising an Employment Opportunity

  • Send payments to USHA through PayPal at ushaonline1@gmail.com
  • Specifications for email blasts: Include text you want for the subject line of the email and wording of the email. Documents you wish included need to be sent in PDF form. PDF’s will not automatically open when recipients open the email, they will need to click on them. For this reason an accompanying email is helpful. Send to media@ushaonline.net with date you would like email to be sent. The cost of an email blast is $50.
  • Specifications for posting on the website: Email the following job specifics to media@ushaonline.net : Job description, whether full or part time, contact information, job level (any, entry, mid level, top level), and years of experience. The cost of posting on USHA’s website is $50.

Advertising an Event

  • We are happy to advertise events that offer USHA members continuing education opportunities at no cost. In order to submit an event for consideration on USHA’s website, follow these steps:
  •   If not already a USHA member, you will need to become a Friend of USHA in order to add the event details—that is a free membership level that helps us keep spam away.
  • On the green bar at the top you’ll see “register”. Click on that to register as a Friend of USHA, then login to the user dashboard.
  • On the left side of the user dashboard choose “Add Events”. Fill in the information (leave enable registration for this event blank) then submit it. 
  • After submitting an event, a board member will approve the event.
  • If you would like USHA to send an email blast to members about the event, please send the composed email exactly as you wish it to appear, along with the subject line of the email, to media@ushaonline.net

Purchasing a Vendor Table

Vendors can purchase booth space at USHA’s annual conference through the website. For directions on how to purchase a table go to USHA Conference on the main page. Under the drop down box you will see Vendor Table/Bulk Registration FAQ. Click on that and you will find directions for vendor tables, plus a video showing how to do it.

Research Participation

USHA will send email blasts to it’s members asking for participation in research studies related to the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology. We will send one email blast per study. Please send your composed email exactly as you wish it to appear, along with the subject line and text preview, and specify the audience (audiologists, SLPs, both). Send to media@ushaonline.net.  

Student Scholarships

USHA recognizes that students enrolled in a graduate program are deserving of recognition and support. USHA will award $300.00 to three students based on (1) cumulative graduate GPA (as presented on your unofficial transcript), (2) service to the community and/or university, (3) leadership, and (4) financial need. Students must be enrolled in a graduate program in the state of Utah (M.S. /M.A., Ph.D., or Au.D.) fall  and spring of applicable school year. The deadline for 2019-2020  is January 15, 2020. Scholarship Application