Supporting Literacy in Natural Environments: Activities for Caregivers and Young Children are at www.walearning.com. On our home page, you will find a button on the right labeled "Download Free Parent Tools." You can select among materials for preschoolers, infants, and On-the-Go activities. We currently have free parent handouts in English, Spanish, Somali, and Russian
- School Licensure Issue re: Speech-Language Technician Qualifications
There has been much confusion and frustration in regards to this issue. In order to provide further information and proper understanding, please click here.
- Workload refers to all activities required and performed by school-based SLPs. Workload includes direct services to students as well as other activities necessary to support student education programs, implement best practices, and ensure compliance with IDEA and other mandates. Caseload/workload efforts involve identification of workload responsibilities to facilitate better caseload management. To learn more, Click here
The Task Force on Fluency Services in the Schools, sponsored by ASHA's Division #4 for Fluency and Fluency Disorders is dedicated to addressing the needs of school-based therapists of children and teens who stutter.
Link#1: Internet Resources for SLPs who work with Preschoolers http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/kuster/schools/SID4page2.html
Link#2: Internet Resources for School Based SLPs http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/kuster/schools/SID4page.html
The links, plus other resources can be accessed at the website for ASHA's Division 4 for Fluency and Fluency Disorders: http://www.asha.org/members/divs/div_4.htm
The Stuttering Foundation offers many free materials, eBooks and online streaming videos for consumers as well as workshops and ASHA-approved CEU opportunities for SLPs. Information on research and our newsletters are also available online. Stuttering Foundation English web site www.stutteringhelp.org Stuttering Foundation Spanish web site www.tartamudez.org
ASHA CAREER CENTER
- Easy access to career opportunities in speech-language pathology and audiology
- Opportunity to create and post a professional profile
- Use of the exclusive "Job Agent" feature that searches the Career Center continually for jobs that meet the member’s criteria and notifies the member when there is a match
- Advanced searching capabilities by key word, job level, full time, part time, location, and more!
click Here to see the USHA 2009 Conference Slide Show